I invented a dish yesterday and was inundated with requests for the recipe when I put it on my instagram stories so I thought I’d write it down for you! I’ve tried to do the ingredients in order to make it easier. Excuse the image quality, I didn’t take any proper photos, this is a just screen shot of my video!
- olive oil
- 2 red onions (halved and finely sliced)
- 5 cloves of garlic (finely sliced, feel free to use less, we just love garlic!)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika (I added 3, it was far far too hot for the kids!)
- 2 tins of chickpeas (drained)
- 1 tin of chopped tomatoes
- 1 small carton of tomato passata
- 1 small pack mushrooms (peeled)
- 4 carrots
- 2 courgettes
- Crusty bread
- Heat the olive oil in a large flat bottomed pan, not too hot, definitely not smoking.
- Gently fry onions and garlic for about 5 minutes, add salt, pepper and smoked paprika. Fry for a further few minutes.
- Add the chickpeas and stir.
- Next add the tinned tomatoes and passata to the pan.
- Finely grate in the mushrooms, carrots and courgette.
- Stir everything in and then simmer gently for 5-10 mins or until some of the liquid has evaporated and the sauce has thickened.
- Turn off the heat, allow to cool slightly and then serve with chunks of crusty bread. Yum!