Just before Christmas, I got two whole days away from the children, amazingly exciting!
Though I quickly realised there are some ‘Mum things’ that are so ingrained in me as a parent that I do them even when the kids are not with me.
Here’s a quick round up;
1. Packing an activity pack.
2. And snacks.
3. Taking a water bottle. (Such a mum, pay for water?! Pah!)
4. Point out interesting things from the train/car window. Oooh look a tractor! Then feel like an absolute plank. This is 100% worse if you are travelling on your own.
5. Wait for someone else to press the button at the traffic lights.
6. Then only cross when the green man tells me I can. Even if the road is completely clear. And everyone else is surging across.
7. Spend most of my efforts looking for presents for my children.
8. And saying stuff like; ‘oooh they would love that Lego soldier!’ (Who goes to Hamleys without kids btw?! Me, that’s who!!)
9. Eating fast. Especially if there is cake. My meal time mentality is firmly stuck on, eat fast and leave or eat fast so I get more then one bite and it is nigh on impossible to shake me out of that. Resulting in me almost always being finished first and waiting impatiently for the people leisurely enjoying their food! Anyone would have thought that meals were to savour and enjoy or something, not purely functional re-fuellings!
10. Wake up before 7.30am. Like awake awake. Then get up because there is no point in wasting a day.
‘Wasting a day’?!?! I have become such a mum cliche!
Once a parent, always a parent hey?!
What would you add to the list?
(Just so you can see how ‘Mum’ I am, here’s a small selection of my photos from London!)
I did take a couple that were not totally child based too!