Festivals can be very expensive. Firstly there is the ticket cost, then getting there not to mention food and drink while you’re away. We have done several now, and have a few tricks up our sleeve when it comes to saving money!
1. Bring snacks! Snacks are the one thing everyone asks for constantly and can end up costing you a fortune in food. We always bring lots of cereal bars, crisps, apples, biscuits and juice boxes etc. I tend to avoid anything with chocolate in case it’s warm weather as no-one likes a melting issue!
2. Check what the policy is on cooking at the campsite. Some allow it and so you can make a meal and freeze it and then pack it in a cool bag to defrost for the second night. Then just heat it through on a camping stove or over a fire pit for dinner. Look for the different food options available, some stands do children’s options at cheaper rates, and some do larger portions that you can split between them.
3. Bring everything you need with you, hats for sunny weather and also for cold evenings, sun cream, enough spare clothes and make sure you check your camp gear thoroughly before you go, it can be expensive to buy these bits and pieces there. (Check out my packing list for festivals here.)
4. Take your own glitter! We buy ours online, (look for biodegradable options to help the planet!) and then use a little vaseline or lip balm to stick it to your faces. This can save you a fortune as it’s around £5.00 a face usually.
5. Bring reusable water bottles for everyone. There are drinking water points to fill them up, it also helps the environment!