So you may have seen across social media Emma and my very first event as Maven Connex on a beautiful Saturday in June. We are so so pleased that it went well and people seemed to love it! (Scroll to the bottom for tickets to the next event in November.)
We have been so touched to get some amazing feedback and are so happy that we were able to deliver a lovely experience to everyone that put their faith in us and bought tickets.
After everyone arrived and helped themselves to fresh warm pastries, fruit and tea or coffee, Emma and I gave a welcome speech where we outlined the aims of Maven Connex as a business. Not only to put on events like this, but also to act as a go between when brands wish to work with bloggers but aren’t sure how to go about it. Emma has over 9 years experience in the industry, and I have 4 and we both know how we like to be treated and want to offer a service to make sure that everyone is happy and gets what they want from a campaign. Attendees could sign up to our mailing list and join the facebook group to be the first to hear about future events and campaigns.
Then we moved to a demonstration from the fabulous Michelin Starred chef and chocolate magician as we dubbed him, Ori from the brand Costello + Hellerstein. I have long been a big fan of Ori’s chocolates in their beautiful new packaging and loved that he decided to have a little fun with infusion to create cocopops truffles! He talked everyone through the process and at the end, everyone was able to taste for themselves and try some of his winning flavours. He also put a box of 4 truffles showcasing some of his flavour combinations like salted caramel, chocolate orange and introducing his newest discovery, naturally pink Ruby Chocolate. (Which obviously is my favourite! 😉 )
Next up we had a photography talk from the very lovely and very knowledgeable Jenny Giles who made it all simple to understand and talked camera and photo photography.
Finally the lovely Laura from Gin and Juice Cheltenham, part of No 131, gave out delicious gin cocktails for everyone to enjoy with their cake. They were so pretty!
Bloggers enjoyed a chance to catch up, with plenty of ‘chat time’ or for a more official title, ‘networking opportunities’ scheduled in and everyone left with not one but two goody bags to take home with them!
- Tangle Angel both a large and mini brush ideal for at home and in your handbag or car.
- Proto-col moisturiser a lovely collagen packed moisturiser with a high spf to keep your skin young.
- Prezzybox voucher, which could be spent on anything on their massive site.
- ‘Blogger’ Slogan Tee from Mamma Prada, we were so happy to have Kristie on board and have been thrilled to see the tees all over social already!
- Lovely leather bank card holders from Yoshi, showcasing just a fraction of their huge range of fun designs, I love the biscuits!
- Photogem included vouchers for their stunning photo necklaces and three lucky people got a necklace with a photo of their choice!
- A blogging meditation from Mummy Whisperer Lisa which helps us all find our mojo again.
- Phil Smith coconut dry shampoo, perfect for those messy buns and busy days.
- Handmade truffles selection from the amazing Costello and Hellerstein who demoed at the event and I have had the pleasure of working with before.
- Finally calculators from Pension Bee who also provided refreshments. You can read about Pension Bee in Emma’s blog post HAVE YOU GOT OLD OR MORE THAN ONE PENSION? IF SO READ THIS!
We also had another goody bag courtesy of Three Counties, showcasing the best of what Gloucestershire, Worcestershire and Herefordshire have to offer when it comes to locally produced food and beverage. Many of these are very small family run businesses and we are so grateful to them for getting involved as working with bloggers is new to a lot of them.
- Two Farmers sent their delicious hand cooked crisps.
- Oldfields Cider sent a choice of either their popular sparkling Applefresco or their new equally delicious Blackberry Cider.
- Pixley Berries provided lovely cordial for the tables which is also available in Waitrose.
- Wychbold Fudge created the mouthwatering combination of strawberry meringue fudge especially for the Maven Connex event.
- The Toasted Seed Co gifted bloggers a pot of their Mexicano Chilli which is a slightly toasted mix of sunflower, sesame and pumpkin seeds, perfect for salads or nibbling on the go.
- Coppernose added their smooth bbq flavour Beef Jerky which is smoked with mesquite wood chips to provide a satisfying depth.
- Finally, Bushel+Peck gifted a bottle of cider to each bag, perfect for these summer days.
All in all, a lovely time was had by all, and we have had some lovely feedback on social and these lovely blog posts from Le Coin de Mel and Beth from Twinderelmo. Even more excitingly, we are doing it all again in November, get your tickets here!